It’s about to be a new year. I’ve never taken the new year very seriously. I don’t typically set resolutions, so I also don’t break them. But this year my husband came across oneword365.com. The site remakes the idea of a new year’s resolution into something much more reflective. Each person chooses one word that describes what they want to do or be in the coming year. My word:
- I want to remember daily to take refuge in the Divine. The life I live and the things I experience have a purpose, and that is to bring me closer to God.
- I need to allow myself to take refuge in my family and friends. They are here to support me and help me through even the hardest of days.
- I want to be a refuge for my family and friends. I want to be the kind of person they can talk to about anything without fear of judgement, or even fear of sounding stupid.
I have a few ideas of things to do to help me remember my word daily.
- Make wallpapers for my computer and phone that feature my word.
- Create a reminder on my phone to randomly tell me to think about my word.
- Use my word in my daily prayers.
If you like the one word idea, give it a try. Leave me a comment telling me what word you chose.
And, check out my Husband’s post about his word and why he chose it.